The roulette is every gambler's all-time favourite live casino game. It is widely played and a must-have in every offline and online casino. Roulette is a simple and interesting game of chance that has been famous among punters around the world since the 17th centur.
This table game utilises a board which consists of numbers and sectors for your wagering choices. Then, there's the wheel where you spin the ball, hoping it stops or lands on the numbers or sectors of your bet. But, how do you really play roulette? Read on and learn how to play roulette with this ultimate guide. Come, let DON99 show you the way...
Roulette is all about the board, the wheel and the wager...
The numbers on the roulette table/board runs from 0 - 36. The number 1 - 36; each number lies in a sector alternating red and black, and only zero being the green coloured. In American roulette, the board has double zeroes (00) or even triple zeroes (000). The more zeroes a table has, the higher the house edge for the players; a disadvantage as it is harder to win. There are several sectors in the board that represent different types of bets; the chips are placed on various points on the board which correspond to various betting options such as betting on a number or a group of numbers.
The wheel that determines your fortune. It features red and black slots that contain numbers 1 to 36. There are special slots that are allocated for; one or two green-coloured zero slots, and either one zero slot plus a double or triple zero slot. The live dealer will spin a ball (indicator) around the wheel and wherever the ball stops indicate the winning bet. If a player has wagered on that particular sector/number where the ball stopped, the player wins cash prizes.
Online roulette provides multiple betting options. It is a very flexible game for beginners and seasoned players where one can pick the wager that gives you the best chance of winning your fortune. The bets in roulette are sorted as "inside bets", "outside bets" and "special bets".
They are bets that are placed inside the grid of numbers on the roulette board.
- Betting on a single number.
- Betting on a row of three digits, e.g. a row consisting of digit 1, 2, 3.
- Also known as the ‘corner bet’, this bet covers four digits in the shape of a square, e.g. 5, 6, 8, 9.
- Also known as a ‘cheval bet’, this bet covers two adjacent digits, e.g. 2 & 5, 5 & 6, 5 & 8.
- Also known as a ‘double street bet’, this bet covers two rows of digits, e.g. 4, 5, 6 or 7, 8, 9.
- A three-digit bet involving zeroes, e.g. 0, 1, 2 or 00, 2, 3.
- The first four digits on a single zero layout, e.g. 0, 1, 2, 3.
These bets are placed around the edges of the table which is sorted into several sectors.
- This is a bet on digit 1 to 18 inclusive or on digit 19 to 36 inclusive.
- A bet placed either on all numbers in red or all numbers in black.
- A bet placed either on all even numbers or all odd numbers.
- A bet placed on the first, second, or third 12-digit sectors.
- A bet placed on one of the vertical columns. Furthermore, certain tables contain a 'Green' sector which represents triple zeroes. Placing a bet on ‘Green’ is a bet placed on all three zeroes.
This is applicable for other roulette variants such as the French roulette. It gives you special bets to earn better from your gameplay; with a better edge against the house, you will have the chance to win some or even all of your money back if the ball landed on 0. Also, the house edge drops to just 1.35%, hence, this makes it an even more exciting and lucrative type of roulette. Here are some of the special bets to look out for:
- If the ball lands on 0, any even-money bets will be split in half. Half of your original bet will be returned to you immediately.
- If the ball lands on 0, you will not lose your even-money bet. Instead, your bet remains “in prison,” where it remains in play for the next round of spin. If your bet wins on that next spin, you will get your original wager back. If the ball lands on 0 a second time, you will lose for good.
READ MORE: Baccarat: The 5 Systems to Get the Best Odds
- Roulette players gather. The round starts with the croupier's announcement; "PLACE YOUR BETS!"
– place wager on your selected/favourite numbers including straight-up bets (on a number from 0 - 36) and red or black bets. Besides that, feel free to choose among a variety of bets like corner, split, street, column, dozen, odd or even bets.
– Once the players have placed the roulette bets. the croupier will spin the wheel in the opposite direction and the "no more bets“ announcement will be heard. No bets will be accepted after the announcement is made.
– The croupier announces the winning number and places the marker on the number to indicate the winning bet. Online casinos feature the number on the screen. However, live casinos will have a live dealer roulette to place the marker on the number akin to a land-based casino.
– players who made the correct prediction will be paid their cash prizes, depending on their bankroll.
Roulette is mostly dependable on your lucky star. Like any online gambling game, online roulette is a game of chance with results generated from the built-in random number generator (RNG). The software produces trillions of results which appear in random order.
If you want to have an authentic casino experience, then play the best live casino roulette game in DON99 Singapore. The results are generated by the live dealer who will spin the wheels in real time in front of your eyes. Furthermore, our roulette odds are the best you can find in town. Just place a minimum bet and you are good to spin the wheels to win some real money or better... JACKPOT!
Here is all you need to know before you begin your game. This will definitely be the essential roulette guide to your roulette journey. It is the foundation that sets you on a winning spree in DON99, the best and most trusted online casino in Singapore.
Register Now and enjoy welcome bonus.